Celebrating and Supporting Young People in Social Entrepreneurship
Tue, 8 October 2019
2:30 PM – 5:30 PM Malaysia Time (Kuala Lumpur)
About the Event
Social entrepreneurship can be an outlet for young people to authentically express their values, creativity, knowledge, and passion for making a difference. Yet, young people face unique challenges as they navigate this process with different roles. This stakeholder dialogue event is designed as a platform for:
- Authentically sharing the lived experiences of young people in social entrepreneurship.
- Understanding and influencing the support available within the social entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- Celebrating the role of young people in social entrepreneurship as entrepreneurs, employees, volunteers, advocates, and supporters.
- Supporting ideas for new social enterprises from a group of young people.
- Networking and exploring opportunities for collaboration and talent recruitment.
The stakeholder dialogue event is for individuals engaged in social entrepreneurship as entrepreneurs, employees and volunteers, young people interested in social entrepreneurship, social entrepreneurship ecosystem builders, educators, policymakers, civil society organisations working with young people, and supporters of social entrepreneurship across sectors.
15:00 Welcome Speech
Professor Pervaiz K. Ahmed (Director of Global Asia in the 21st Century (GA21) Research Platform, Monash University Malaysia)
15:10 Research Spotlight : Youth-led Social Enterprises in Malaysia: Shaping Civil Society by and for Young People
Dr. Andreana Drencheva, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom
Dr. Wee Chan Au, Monash University Malaysia, Malaysia
15:40 Stakeholder Dialogue : Youth Power – The role of young people in social entrepreneurship
Yasmin Rasyid, MaGIC
Suzanne Ling, PichaEats
Redza Shahid, Grub Cycle
Stuart Thomas, Babylon Vertical Farms
16:20 Closing Speech
Wan Dazriq Wan Zulkiflee, PurpoSE Malaysia
16:30 Networking reception
Poster presentations of young people’s ideas for social enterprises and feedback
This program is part of a collaboration between :
University of Sheffield
Monash University Malaysia
Global Entrepreneurship Movement Association
Arts and Humanities Research Council
Global Challenges Research Fund
Changing The Story by University of Leeds
To register for tickets to the event click here.