Kurtis Dennison (Institute for Research and Dialogue for Peace)
- Job title: Phase 1 Project Partner
- School: Institute for Research and Dialogue for Peace
- Location: Rwanda
- Position: Project Coordinator
- Twitter: @maprwanda @kurteese1
- Mobile Arts for Peace: https://www.facebook.com/MAPRwanda/
- Additional website: https://www.ubumuntuartsfestival.com, https://www.facebook.com/UbumuntuArtFest/
Kurtis Dennison is a consultant for the Institute of Research for Dialogue and Peace (IRDP) and the National Coordinator of the Mobile Arts for Peace (MAP) project, the Rwanda strand of Changing the Story. Kurtis previously served as the Project Manager for the MAP project, the Project Coordinator at Mashirika Performing Arts and Media Company, and the Festival Coordinator at the Ubumuntu Arts Festival. Kurtis is a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer (Rwanda 2015-2017) and an AmeriCorps VISTA alum. Prior to living in Rwanda, Kurtis taught puppetry and devised theatre at the Fairmont State Academy for the Arts. He also served with the community development initiative ‘Turn This Town Around’ in Grafton, West Virginia, USA where he worked to create community theatre performances and utilized community performance as a social and economic development tool. Kurtis has worked as a professional theatre artist with West Virginia Public Theatre, Town and Gown Theatre, and MT Pockets Theatre. He holds a Bachelors of Arts in Theatre from Fairmont State University in West Virginia, USA.
Kurtis is a project partner on the Phase 1 ‘Mobile Arts for Peace‘ Rwanda project.