Charity Meki-Kombe (University of Pretoria)
- Job title: Phase 1 Research Associate
- Faculty: Department of Education Management & Policy Studies
- School: University of Pretoria
- Location: South Africa
- Position: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Pretoria
- Organisational Website: http://www.up.ac.za/education-management-and-policy-studies
- Personal Website: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-charity-meki-kombe-83954527/
Dr Charity Meki-Kombe is Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the Department of Education Management and Policy Studies at the University of Pretoria, South Africa. In partnership with Prof Chaya Herman, University of Pretoria, Dr Meki-Kombe was contracted by the University of Leeds to conduct an evaluation of the ‘Change Makers Programme’, an educational programme inspired by the Salzburg Global Seminar to promote pluralism and tackle extremism among youths in Africa. She was among researchers and practitioners invited to attend the 2017 Salzburg Global Seminar/Session 589 – ‘Learning from the Past: sharing experiences across borders to combat extremism’.
Dr Meki-Kombe has vast experience in evaluating education programmes initiated by local and international agencies. Her professional, academic and other activities focus on higher education and education policy and programme implementation/sustainability. She obtained her PhD in Education Management Law and Policy Studies from the University of Pretoria, South Africa.